Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi VW World,

My name is marko and I' m driving an awesome red B5 passat 1.8t

There is a slight ticking sound while the car is on idle so I want to the mechanic today. He lifted her up and stated the engine, and I could see that the pulley is turning very strange.
He said if I'm lucky, that only the pulley need to be replaced (some 150EUR + hands), but If I'm not so lucky then the Crankshaft is kaput and that he will have to open/ replace the engine block:(

The car runs perfectly, I recently had a vacation and made 5000km and I've been racing through Germany 225km/h racing with brand new Audi's, BMW's ... The car did just perfect and it it perfect:)

Now, suddenly this. Is there anyone who experienced the same problem? My mechanic said that it's so rare and that he only had 3 cars with pulley/ Crankshaft problem within 10yrs.

I will go to the Bosch Service to take a 2nd opinion, but I'd like your input so much.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been to the fancy Bosch Car Service, but they just confirmed.
Some things I realized, there is no plastic cover under the engine and the car is so low. I can remember that I heard some sound driving through the woods and I guess that was the problem, fucking 50EUR cover:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.