Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my dash constantly states that I’m low on coolant however the reservoir is full. I checked the connection under the coolant reservoir and initially it had a broken wire. I fixed the connection however when I plugged it in I then got the low warning signal. I unplugged it and also tried to jump but the warning light continues to stay on. Can anybody guide me on what to do next? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
.I unplugged it and also tried to jump but the warning light continues to stay on..
If you shorted the two contacts of the coolant connector on the harness, and the light still stays on, then maybe there's another break in a wire somewhere.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
^+1. If it isn't bad wiring it must be a circuit fault where the resistance across the coolant sensor terminals is measured, which I assume is inside the ECM. Or less likely, a fault in the cluster that is forcing the light on all the time regardless of the signal into it.

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
In that case, is the ABS light also on? If so, unplug the ABS electrical plug and see if the coolant light goes out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts