1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camry of the Month - April 2006
Sharky (Sharky Sharkinson)
Springfield, Missouri

I’ve owned this modern classic Toyota automobile for years, but for some strange reason, I never felt like a true member of the Camry family until now. Needless to say, I was more than flattered when AtomicAlex told me I’d been awarded CamryWorld April 2006 Camry of the Month!

[Click on the image to see a larger one]

As you can see from the photos and this textual description, my Camry is a very rare 1995 model with the even more rare factory-only “LE” package. Equipment highlights of this delightful Camry (to name just a few) include: plain gray cloth seats with only one burn hole, air conditioning, hubcaps, 4 speed auto transmission, and color-keyed armrest. Originally purchased by my parents some time in 1996 with about 15,000 miles on the clock and repurchased by me in 2000 with some more miles on the clock, it is still in near-mint condition and has been hardly driven at an indicated 219,608 miles. Power from the robust 2.2L inline 4-cylinder “woofs the hoops” with a modern-day respectable 61 (net) horsepower.

When informed I had won this prestigious award, I realized it is as though my Camry were destined to become CamryWorld April 2006 Camry of the Month! Due to the rarity and collectibility of this particular Camry, it has been kept in a climate-controlled environment for the duration of any storage or non-use. Never driven in rain, scum, snow, slime, mud, spaz, gravel, filth, muck, or Texas, you’ll notice the fantastically gorgeous and unique silvery bluish hue of the paint still shines through just as it did for prestigious Hertz Car Rental the day it was auctioned new in a lot of 683 identical Camrys on a Thursday in 1995. Paint damage, though almost nonexistent, is always handled in a swift fashion, just as a ding in the right front door was handled in 1998 with black fingernail polish of unknown origin. All service work has been handled by personnel of the highest moral character at reputable establishments like Jiffy Lube, Dale’s Used Tire Barn, Springfield Econo DIY Car Wash, Penske by K-Mart (defunct), and some fat rude asshole at a VW dealer.

Modifications (“modifications” for short) are sparse but well thought out. These “modifications” include a remote starting/keyless entry system (keyless doesn’t work…an orange wire fell off but you can kick it out of the way with your toe), white dash lighting (the correct green bulbs cost $0.10 more per pack of 2), two-tone hood (paint code mix-up 2 years ago…I’m gonna call the paint place back pretty quick), and a “debadged” left upper corner of the trunk lid (for a stealthy, smooth look).

As luck would have it, this fine Camry example is for sale and being offered at $22,995*, which is a great bargain in this market of dramatically overpriced, completely used-up, yet uninspiring used cars. Inquiries should be directed to [email protected]

Photos for this story were taken by the author at fictional “Discount City,” 515 Race to the Bottom Drive in beautiful Deficit Mountain, Missouri.
Again, it is truly an honor to be chosen as CamryWorld April 2006 Camry of the Month!​

*$22,995 sales price does not include radio.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,619 Posts
congrats
i am voting for this one for next month.
VB Admin--- was up late last night with a case of beer you won in the big bowling tournament i see.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Man thats sweet, I am wishing I would've kept my even rarer 1989 Camry with the then ground breaking "keyless ignition" feature (key falls out as soon as it is put in the ignition.

Unfortunately I traded it in for some POS 2004 VW. What was I thinking?

EDIT - I just noticed everytime I try and type P-a-s-s-a-t it comes out as camrycamrycamry

bastards....

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
That is such a sweet CamryCamryCamryCamryCamryCamry, it makes my head hurt. I love the fact that the pics are taken in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Speechless. It has to be, by far, the most amazing COTM i have seen so far. We should all take pride in our ride and mods like Sharky does :bowdown:. Congrats :biglaugh:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I've been looking for one of these rare Camry's for sooo long. Congrats on a great find and congrats on COTM!

There's only one word for your hubs: AMAZING.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts