Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
8,184 Posts
So how did the install go?
Yes I would love to know how the install went and how much these would run. I have to replace a CV axle here and if I am there I might as well get it done.

I just hope you didn't upset him by posting pic....I think there is a reason why he e-mails us the pics with his phone number. Someone else could take the idea...and well if he made these for us...I feel he earned the profit from it too.

Thank you dick:bowdown:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I really dont have a problem with posting the pics.The testing is being done on my personal Audi A4 (B5).The machine shop that is producing these for me does Penske shocks for F1 teams and parts for MITs Nuclear fusion lab. There are indeed few machinists that can duplicate these and probably none for less.These will fit all arms that have normal 46MM bushings.I put TRW arms in mine.I hope this answers some questions.

Dick Shine

·
Registered
469 Posts
I am interested.

I am currently running K-Mac camber kit which I had installed into new FEBI arms by my indy, who was very hesitant to press out the bushings from aluminum arms, which he thought was a bad idea in comparison to steel arms. He told me he used to install bushing camber kits on older cars with steel arms but that they will probably come loose in aluminum arms. In the end, I wish I would have listened to him.

I admit I don't know much about control arms or suspension - good to go on aluminum arms?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have 3000mi on the camber correctors without any problems at all. The install was very simple and can be performed by any competent shop,and most owners at home.You need to know your existing camber before you start. the maximum movement is 1 degree in either direction.
They are available individually or in sets.PW members get discount.Please mention when you call.

Dick Shine

PS These are far superior to any previous solution

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What makes them superior to the CPP arms which allow camber AND caster adjustments.

Being as there are 2 arms per side,all kits must be caster adjustable.It just seemed too obvious to mention. I actually had a set of CPPs and that is one of the reason for developing these kits. This is a seriously nice product!

Dick Shine

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I think he means K-macs and the CPP aren't for sale anywhere:nervous:
achtung has them and no CPP is not out of business
Oh and once I figure out what I get, I may have some used CPP arms (from bill) and new TREs for sale.
That said, if these are cheaper they're better deal if the adjustability. The main selling point for me of the CPP was the fully rebuildable nature of the product (and the lack of craptastic bushings). For most people, the first is pointless because few people keep thier cars long enough to go through the improved ones enough (had planned to keep my car for an extremely long time :cry: ), and the second only really appeals to the most anal among us.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Being as there are 2 arms per side,all kits must be caster adjustable.It just seemed too obvious to mention. I actually had a set of CPPs and that is one of the reason for developing these kits. This is a seriously nice product!

Dick Shine

I guess my thing is, unless I missed something in your description, the only way to make and "adjustment" is to remove the insert, reposition it, and then repress it into the arm.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts