Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good kit that will allow me to adjust the camber and caster on my 2002 w8?

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
The CPP arms will allow camber and caster to be adjusted.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is a an austrailian company called K-Mac that do them but they won't answer my emails when I enquire. Someone else could try and see what response they get. The kit they do is a set of offset bushes

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
HermanH tried the K-Mac bushings and took them back off. Too much trouble for not enough benefit.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I am currently using the k-mac's for about 6 months now, haven't really noticed to much bad about them, i'll find out in a couple of weeks when it goes in for another alignment if they have help up the alignment specs, it will allow you to adjust the caster and camber though

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
I am currently using the k-mac's for about 6 months now, haven't really noticed to much bad about them, i'll find out in a couple of weeks when it goes in for another alignment if they have help up the alignment specs, it will allow you to adjust the caster and camber though
They are not bad, just a bit of a pain to adjust and then re-torque. Much like the old Dodge eccentric bolts on their old A-arms.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, thanks for the info guys. I also need to replace my pads / rotors, what size are those stock?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Fronts are listed as either 321mm or 322mm, depending on where you look.
HP2 calipers that take the 4 pad per side set (same as Audi S4)
rears are vented and 269mm.
Stewart

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
The KMACS are fine as a unit but the method of torquing down the bolts doesn't leave any room at all for a torque wrench.

I adjusted mine about 3 times before giving up. It was bad enough the alignment guy's didn't want to touch these. Since then, I think there is a place in Mountain View that know's how to adjust them since they sell them too! Too late. I think I gave them away or I still have them but just missing a nut somewhere I think. If I still havethem, anyone want them? You pay for shipping though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts