Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cam follower extended warranty for 2.0T FSI engines in Canada !!!!

Fellow Canadians, Check with your local dealership if your vehicle is eligible for the cam follower extended warranty where VWOC have not yet sent out letters to confirm it but its here and my local dealer booked me in for an appointment. although I was asked by the service advisor if I had an engine light ON !!!. VWoC had not yet announced this extended warranty So act fast before the cam follower causes any damage to the Intake cam shaft.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on the Cam follower/ Intake cam shaft & HPFP in Canada !!!

I took my car to the local dealer here in Brampton Ontario and after inspecting it, I received a phone call from the service advisor stating that they will replace all three parts under extended warranty free of charge including an oil change. So here you go. I was also told that the repair will be completed on Thursday due to shortage of parts. (Cam shaft and High pressure fuel pump. So the extended warranty is in effect in CANADA for 2.0t FSI engines as along as you have an engine light on specifically indicating a fuel pressure issue.

BTW I also had an EVAP leak code which led to a N80-Purge valve failure. I will be replacing it on my own cuz the dealer wanted to charge me $160.00 +tax.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally picked up my car yesterday from the dealer

Here is a list of the parts replaced under the extended warranty:

1- Intake Camshaft.
2- Cam chain.
3- Chain tensioner.
4- Cam follower.
5- High pressure fuel pump.
6- All associated gaskets, seals and hardware parts.
7- Uninstalled oil pan and cleaned it from Cam follower/Cam shaft debris.
8- Performed an oil/filter change.

Conclusion: Vehicle drives way smoother/more boost than before. engine sound improved much quitter, fuel consumption improved as well.

Thx to the extended warranty this repair is very costly. good luck to all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice, but you should note the km limit on this.. 190,000 km.. I had them check my follower before that and it was fine, and 40k later it failed and took out my hpfp :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine had 130,800 km when I took it to bet checked. I didn't receive a letter from VW Canada announcing this extended warranty.
I Don't believe any Canadian owners received this letter. My cam follower failed even before the 130,000 km. Sorry dude!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, first off I'm living here in the states and I was just recommended by the dealership to get my camshaft and follower replaced for $1790 after a check engine light diagnostic scan. They also said they would replace the high pressure fuel pump, timing belt, water pump and tensioner for $716 otherwise $900 later. Your list seems to include a lot of the same parts they recommend for me. I know you said it was for Canada owners but is there a way I could check to see if that would apply to my situation??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts