Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a lead that I could have my turbo replaced under warranty even though not technically under warranty since I am not the first owner at 95,000 mile. The turbo was replaced for a fellow B5er under emissions warranty. Worth a shot.

Number please to dial.Tips?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
1-800-822-8987

as for tips I can't give you any other then don't believe all they tell you as they are customer service reps and can give you lip service to make you happy. Document everything

good luck

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems I am not in the right to demand this be fixed because of the emission problems. As the car is a 98 but with 95,000 on the OD.

2. Clean Air Act Warranty Provisions (42 U.S.C. S 7541 (C) (3) (B))

The federal Clean Air Act requires vehicle makers to provide two emissions-related warranties -- a production warranty and a performance warranty. The production warranty requires the vehicle maker to warrant that the vehicle is designed, built and equipped so that it conforms with emissions requirements at the time of sale. The performance warranty requires the vehicle maker to warrant that the vehicle will comply with applicable emissions requirements as tested under state vehicle emissions inspection programs for the warranty periods specified in the law (for model year 1995 and later vehicles, the warranty is 2 years/24,000 miles for all emissions-related parts and 8 years/80,000 miles for the catalytic converter, electronic emissions control unit and on-board diagnostic device). The performance warranty is conditioned on the vehicle being properly maintained and operated.

Interesting it goes on to note they cannot deny warranty just if aftermarkets are installed... only if the aftermarket can be proven to cause the problem under question can warranty service be denied.

From enjoythedrive.com.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just had a similar problem with my 2000 1.8T wagon...cat has a problem and dealer wants to replace for around $2000.00

trying to get help from VWoA. will let you know what happens...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
B518T
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing