Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Passat GLS 1.8T I am the second owner. Previous owners had all the work done at Oakland VW, I've had my mechanic in San Jose work on the car since than.

Goods:
Clutch doesn't slip
Aftermarket bluetooth Deck
Good condition paint (waxed 3-4x a year, clay bar 1-2x a year)
Timing belt, water pump, both front axles, flushed coolant and brake fluids, valve cover gasket at 184xxx miles.
Rear brake pads, rotors and battery replaced last year
PVC system, spark plugs, fuel filter, front brake pads replaced this year.
Oil changes fully synthetic with over sized oil filter every 4-5k miles
Have a ton of spare parts, bulbs, fuses etc.
Heated seats
Sunroof
Replaced AC condenser fan over summer
Car runs well, AC blows cold

Bads:
Driver and Passenger seats are ripped
Drivers door panel doesn't match the rest of the panels (the panel was sagging and I couldn't find a matching one at the pick n pull)
Burns a little oil (common for cars with turbos, guessing its about 0.5 quarts every 1-2k?)
Hood latch handle broke a month ago (currently using speaker wire) Can be had on ebay from China for $5 or from VW for $15 but it's a bit of a pain to replace.
Common fuel line split (it's been patched up and hasn't had any issues for awhile) but i wanted to be as transparent as possible

Feel free to ask any questions I am getting a smaller car and we do not need this one. The car is not in perfect condition and has it quirks but it has been reliable,

I will post more pictures of the interior and the new wheels (replaced the 15" with the upgraded 16" factory wheels)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Will post more pictures later. the wheels have been upgraded to the 16" factory wheels (they have a lot of curb rash)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts