Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bye Bye Sonata. Hello 5 door Forte (Pics added)

My partner has been liking the 5 door Forte for a while now so we looked and drove. He was ok with the 2.0 EX as its equipped basically as the Sonata was plus Bluetooth. They had 3 2012 SX's and he really liked the Titanium Gray and the 17s so we drove it. He loved the tight ride, handling and the zippier 2.4ltr - 6spd auto. Has the leather package - black with red stitching - which brings the sunroof along as mandatory. I have to say it rides n handles great even on 215/45-17s. Due to that little sticker that had: Nitrogen for Life, window tinting, maintenance package,extended warranty, blah blah, they were looking at $25, 500 plus tax etc. Yours truly did all the talking for him so it came home with him at $21, 100 out the door with all the goodies on the sticker, tax, license, etc and financing 2% lower than originally qualified for. Its a 2012 -which theres still a few around so they were willing to deal. In and out in 2 1/2 hours. Even with the roof we both have plenty of head and leg room at 6ft2.
He didn't "need" a new car. The Butter Mobile, as he now calls the Sonata after a week of no Dramamine , was bulletproof over 110, 000 miles. Other than routine maintenance - brakes lasted 75k btw, the only "repairs" totalled $200 for both sun visors, a brake light buld and drivers exterior door handle.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't seem to access photobucket so created a new account. I'll take more pics.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. The Sonata was a great appliance and not a bad looking car. It just needed some suspension lol. Can't deny the reliability.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Gloomy day. Back seats fold GTI style. Metal pedals and cargo tray below the carpet lays above the spare. Still averaging around 30mpg. Switch just to the left of the steering column is for the windshield heater. It heats the base under the wipers in the off position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts