Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted a site for buying imported/used engines here before, but I couldn't find the link. Anyone have some links off hand?

I might need to buy a KA24DE, or SR20DET...who knows.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Go to your local machine shop and ask them if they now of a local JDM (Japanese Domestic Motor) Importer. Should be able to find one locally pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You prob already know this, but be sure to check with smog laws in your state when getting a jdm motor.

I know at least in ca (wost possible scenario, lol), usually the smog shop needs the block id #, and an usdm ecu. This may be something you migt want to find out and know the hassles you're getting into beforehand.

otherwise, nice choice! Nissan makes grt turbo motors! :thumbup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
what are you building stealth??

im in the process of building a N/A SR20DE for my dad'e G20....he has a 1996, so i will put an earlier 1992 intake cam in it, bore it .040, advance timing, CAI, and blueprint it...

it still has the automatic in it, but we all love the car because it is so smooth, and comfortable....

i already shaved the head, and it is pretty quick even with low compression, and crappy rings/burning oil :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
You prob already know this, but be sure to check with smog laws in your state when getting a jdm motor.
I know in alot of cases (if using it in smog application) all you need to swap is the original intake (complete) and exhaust on to the JDM motor in order to be smog compliant.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLAB: I'm currently just lookin' for a KA24DE that runs for a 240SX...something cheap that'll scoot me around. Later, I might buy my friend's custom turbo setup, which he built for under $1000. :shock:

Then, you can call me, "driftin' ricer". :lol:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts