Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best experience that you had? And how was the install done?(Amps etc)

The bramds I was looking at are:

Hifonics HZCX6.2(Zeus speakers)

DLS MS6

Or Focals

I am looking for speakers that has a nice bass. Like a almost kickbass performance. Only thinking to replace OEM speakers..no extra work to install it.

Any brand advice?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can give you some personal references to speakers I like......

1. MB Quart- Great components( even their intro line), but would run an external amp.

2. Focal- Only used the Polyglass series , but the mid bass was awesome. However, when compared to the qsd quarts.............. :thumbdow:

3.Boston acoustics (pro)- I really like these alot. I've used the 6.4's, and the 6.53's ( 3 way components) mid bass is great and the tweeters aren't to harsh.

4. Morel- Very expensive, very hard to find. Great midbass, crossover could be a lillte better.

This is just my 0.02. In my opinion the quarts are the way to go. They're proven over time and hold up with lots of power or little. I would highly recommend using an external amp on any separate though.

-chris

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
First, look for something really efficient since you don't have squat available for power. My two favorites with an amp would be the Alpine SPX or Type-Xs or the Image Dynamics Chameleons. I'd go with Chris's suggestion and go with either Boston Pros (although I think the midbass performance could be better from them) or the Quart Premiums. Quarts do pretty well in low powered systems but don't expect any aftermarket component sets to equal the midbass output of the stock speakers, you just don't have enough power available.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
Richard has USD components and it was a 12"modified pro audio midbass driver in the rear side panel. I still can't get over the sound of that car. Perfect doesn't even do it justice.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, you're right(told you I'm rusty) and 15's in the back. That car was music at its finest. there was someone in an older firebird who ran dynamic horns and orion amps that competed in 1-100 pro, and I can't think of his name. Don't mean to steal this thread, but did you ever see any of Dave(fishman) rivera's work??? In '96 at Daytona he was there with his Truck. Wow. I think I still have some pictures of that thing alomg with the Jl Audio mini, and that crazy Pontiac lemans that Rta'd a perfect score :bow:

-chris

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
Are you thinking of Howie Liwanag's Camaro with the horns in dash facing forward? I saw Dave's Corolla way back in the day. I wanna get a look at the new Alpine cars. Steve Brown was my PAS before he went to corporate and he taught me how to do FG work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could buy an amp to power the compos. What I meant with making no adjustments was that i was not thinking of making kickpanels etc for serious kickbass.
Looking for a compo set that has max bass in the door. I will probably add an amp later. Will check the MB quarts. They use to sell them pretty cheap here..lower priced than the hifonics.

Do you think it's smart to let the dealer install the speakers? There;s already 4 speakers in the front..thinking about asking him if it's possible to put the front speakers in teh rear and put the newly bought compos in front.

Lastly...I am afraid Jlaudio stealthbox is not available in europe!!
What's the best option for a stealthy sub? The Infinity Basslink? How does oit compare to the JL audio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.