Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I thought those colors were done away with for 04? I think stonehenge gray has taking the place of silverstone, and I think they completely did away with fresco green. I could be wrong though. I really like the silverstone, but I'm seeing more and more of them modded all the time. I say go for the fresco green with a black interior, just to be a little different.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fresco Green gone in '04. Silverstone Gray still available in '04, but reported to be gone in '05.

My '04 Passat brochure shows a small pic of Stonehenge Gray, which looks kinda like what Fresco Green was, but the pic is too small to really tell. Does anybody have Stonehenge? '04 also has Northern Green which looks darker in the brochure.

·
Registered
718 Posts
ok, you might be right on that one then. My understanding is the stonehenge is still a dark gray like silverstone, but with a greenish tint to it. Personally I still like the silverstone gray better.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I walked up to a stonehenge the other day and I instantly realized that it was not my color. The salseman thought I was crazy. There is a very slight greenish tint to it when put up against a silverstone gray. I :heart: my silverstone

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
Silverstone and Colorado Red are available until 04. At the 04.5 changeover Samoa Red ( :puke: )replaced Colorado Red and Stonehenge Gray replaced Silverstone Gray. Basically if you have the new mirrors you can't get CR or Silverstone. That sucked for me because Silverstone was in my top 3. I ended up with Stonehenge and I'm really diggin it. It's different enough that not everyone has it but it's still a nice, easy-on-the-eyes gray. I'd still prefer Silverstone, CR or even Candy White but this color suits me........for now. :wink:

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.