Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Forum friends,

I am new to this board. I have been reading posts over the last few days and it has helped me make the decision to buy.

I am heading out to purchase the 2006 I have been looking at for about 4-4 days now. I was just curious if anyone has any ideas on what to check for. I have not owned a VW before, but am excited to own this one.

Any thoughts, general, on the idea will help. Thanks!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ask the owner for the VIN number and run it by a VW dealer and make sure all the recalls have been done. I know the 2006-07 models have slightly more problems than the 2008-09. Ive had my 08 for a couple years now, love it!!! havent had any problems. One check engine light and the dealer took care of it under recall. How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask the owner for the VIN number and run it by a VW dealer and make sure all the recalls have been done. I know the 2006-07 models have slightly more problems than the 2008-09. Ive had my 08 for a couple years now, love it!!! havent had any problems. One check engine light and the dealer took care of it under recall. How many miles are on it?

IT has 119k on it. I drove it twice so far and it seems pretty good. No leaks, no shimmy's or shakes, engine sounds good. Has navigation, sunroof, all bells and whistles.

I will run the vin number, thanks for the information.

I will get the carfax as well, to verify other items.

Thanks again for the heads up. I believe I will pick it up tomorrow morning, assuming the price is right and all other things check out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts