Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Buy a former Fleet\Rental\Dealer vehicle?

990 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PZ 
#1 ·
Hey All,

What are your thoughts on purchasing a one or two year old vehicle that was a Fleet\Rental\Dealer vehicle?

I've been looking for something to replace my 2001.5 passat (bought new) and have been looking for many months.at different vehicles to replace the passat and at this point I'm leaning toward a one or two year old Tacoma to save the initial depreciation hit from buying new. However a lot of the vehicles I'm finding that have the color and options I want according to cardfax seem to have been registered as fleet, rental, or dealer vehicles according to carfax.

I know many years ago former rentals\etc had a bad reputation (rightly or wrongly). Is that still the case\thought these days? What if the vehicle is now being sold as a toyota CPO?

#3 ·
With a good PPI, I would not hesitate to buy a fleet/dealer/rental car. One point if you plan to finance, new cars are often offered at 0% while used car loans are more. This and the shorter warranty left (unless certified) can make the difference between new and used minimal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.