1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this shit...

Here is the article from Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114310,00.html

WASHINGTON — Jumping into the controversy surrounding John Kerry's comment that foreign leaders want him to replace the commander in chief, President Bush said Tuesday his Democratic rival should back up his assertion.

"If you're gonna make an accusation in the course of a presidential campaign, you ought to back it up with facts," Bush said in response to a reporter's question Tuesday after meeting with the prime minister of the Netherlands.
Ha ha... I love it when Bush says "...back it up with facts..." That is some funny stuff. Oh the irony!

The quote should be changed to "If you're gonna make an accusation before going to war, you ought to back it up with facts".

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
lol! If Kerry is being truthful here why woud he back it up with facts? So Bush can pay off some foreign dignitary with either threat of force or diplomatic pressure to endorse him? Even more asinine is getting endorsed by outside leaders. STUPID! These people are trying to run a country? They are imbeciles!

We should decide the election by locking them in a playground tennis court and see who can wedgie the other worst. The one with the worst ripped underwear LOSES!! HAHAH!!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the above posts.

For my detractors..Sorry... I know this is an obvious dig. And I'm sure it will get a reaction. However, don't feel like you need to react and tell me why I'm wrong or not. I know the above is a big sweeping generalization and you can go through and point out a million cases on places where both John Kerry & George Bush didn't back up things with fact. Like I said, I am making big sweeping generalization and attack, however, I think that this makes this thread even that much more ironic. :roll:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Same old brainwashed mindless defense of a moron all so that a different moron won't take your favorite morons job... THEY ARE BOTH ASSES! Get a grip!

CHOMSKY / ZINN 04'!!! :p

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Palomitz said:
That sounds like a fuzzy comment by Bush... :lol: :lol:

Politics as usual, that is why I never vote.
:) If nothing else, you have to vote to get your right to bitch LOL. I vote solely so I can gripe about what I don't like. No vote, no gripe.

I'm still torn. I don't like Bush or his politics, but as yet Kerry hasn't impressed me and his seeming to rest on his picture of him in the war is getting old. He needs to have plans and he needs to scream from the hill tops what they are. Less rhetoric and less "look at me I was in the war"

My vote goes to the guy with a plan, not the guy with flight suit and no plan

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
BoeserBlick said:
I still dont see anything compelling enough for me to vote against Bush. Just a lot of opinions.

Opinions? Is it "opinion" that Bush lied to the public about WMD's?

Is it opinion that allies of the US are questioning support for us?

Is it opinion that he granted lucrative contracts in Iraq to Haliburton (Cheney's company)? Not to mention that Haliburton got busted for overcharging,etc. damn crooks!

Is it opinion that Bush took a record budget surplus and in a mere 4 years turned it into a record budget deficit that is still growing?

Is it opinion that Bush wanted to drill oil wells in our country's most prized natural areas to benefit his oil barron pals?

Is it opinion that the economy is the worst it's been in years?

Is it opinion that Bush can't speak proper english?

Christ...what does he have to do? Pick off commuters with a sniper rifle for you to see he's not fit to be the most powerful leader in the world?

good grief! :???:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BoeserBlick said:
I still dont see anything compelling enough for me to vote against Bush. Just a lot of opinions.
I wasn't really trying to persuade you to vote one way or another. Just pointing out something I thought was funny. (Funny due to irony)

Also, you don't "vote against Bush" you vote FOR someone. So, your statement probably should have been: "I still don't see anything compelling enough for me to vote for Kerry"
(which I would agree with so far. But then again, I haven't researched it enough. However, I've done enough reading on Bush to know I will not be voting for him. I just haven't decided on the other candidates)

·
Registered
696 Posts
passaturbonium said:
You know....seems like politics are worst then lawyers....

If Bush wins this thing......whatever country has oil......watch out!!! I meant terrorists....or weapons of mass distruction.....
Yeah we always steal oil from other countries :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last time I checked, all those poor innocent countries SELL their oil to us.
AKA = we BUY it..

Oh yeah, and whats with all the 'oil is bad' garbage? Does your K04 use some new electric-turbo /hybrid technology or what?

Kind of like a crackhead complaining about all the damn drug dealers in the neiborhood :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
F. Monger said:
passaturbonium said:
You know....seems like politics are worst then lawyers....

If Bush wins this thing......whatever country has oil......watch out!!! I meant terrorists....or weapons of mass distruction.....
Yeah we always steal oil from other countries :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last time I checked, all those poor innocent countries SELL their oil to us.
AKA = we BUY it..

Oh yeah, and whats with all the 'oil is bad' garbage? Does your K04 use some new electric-turbo /hybrid technology or what?

Kind of like a crackhead complaining about all the damn drug dealers in the neiborhood :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yea kind of like our government has been giving us no choice.....and never will....as much as we think that they want to get rid of oil. :roll:

Ok so what was the first special forces mission in Iraq my friend? they even told you on the news......

And as you can see...from our distances we travel and our GREAT transportation system that we have......we are left with no choice but to drive my friend. There is a reason for that....I think. We should not depend on cars like we do...unfortunatelly we have no choice.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
You guys should check how much oil we are buying from Middle East before you throw your accusations. You may be surprised. Hint, Europe connection to Middle East oil.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Boris said:
You guys should check how much oil we are buying from Middle East before you throw your accusations. You may be surprised. Hint, Europe connection to Middle East oil.
Why would they let facts get in the way? Conspiracy theories are much more fun.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Boris said:
Oil is fungible, so it doesn't matter which oil goes where. Saudi Arabia is the only country with significant excess production capacity, so the majority of each incremental barrel of oil effectively comes from them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
WASHINGTON — Jumping into the controversy surrounding John Kerry's comment that foreign leaders want him to replace the commander in chief, President Bush said Tuesday his Democratic rival should back up his assertion.

"If you're gonna make an accusation in the course of a presidential campaign, you ought to back it up with facts," Bush said in response to a reporter's question Tuesday after meeting with the prime minister of the Netherlands.
The funny thing is, the question isn't which world leaders want Kerry to win, it's which ones don't. I bet I could count them on one hand!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
19 Participants
Tyrannosaurus
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing