Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a few days ago about a clunking noise coming from the front end of my car... I had originally thought it had to do with the suspension, but I think I've found the culprit... the front motor mount. I taught my gf how to drive a manual tranny last weekend, and although she did very well, the first couple of tries were pretty rough on the car. Of course I'm talking about bucking/stalling. I really don't drive the car hard otherwise but I noticed the noise had been getting louder, and then yesterday it was very apparent. Upon acceleration and letting of the gas pedal, the engine felt as if it was rocking back and forth in the engine bay, and creating a loud clunk. My friend thinks that it's the DP hitting the underside of the car. I'm really not sure which mount it is, but I've been told the front (or snub) mount breaking is fairly common in these cars. How hard is it to replace that mount and who makes them? I think APR does? Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
718 Posts
yes apr makes a polyurethane snub mount. as for how difficult it is, I cant really say, as I've never done one. I do know that you have to remove the front bumper and put the lock carrier in the service position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
UA_Variant
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing