Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a previous post not long ago about my coil packs popping up a bit which i found was just that the plugs were a little loose. I thought that was causing the car to stall at idle but its not. THe car will only stall occasionally at idle not while cruising and i just changed the plugs today which made no change. I hooked up my VAG-COM and these are the codes i found:

6 Faults Found:
17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0300 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16685 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0301 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16688 - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
P0304 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16686 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0302 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Help anyone??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.) just did all hoses with silicone except the ones the the SAI
2.) throttle body is clean and adapted with VAG
3.) holds boost i have plenty of power but the DV does make a noise when i let off the gas like air is escaping
4.) replaced MAF about 4 months ago and the g/s readings with VAG go up to 170 at full throttle which i think is about normal
5.) just put in brand new Denso iridium plugs today and it didn't fix the problem at all

:cry:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Check all 3 hoses that connect to your diverter valve, especially the small hose that connects to the little nipple on the top cap. That hose provides back pressure to the back of the valve to ensure that it closes properly. It sounds like yours is not connected and theres no back pressure so it will make a sputtering noise when you let off the throttle...this is very bad for your turbo and bad for you air/fuel mixture. That would partly explain why its running so rich and causing misfires. Also change back to OE plugs.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually since i changed to Denso Iridium which a lot of people on here love the car runs much smoother (when it is actually still running) as far as that hose i checked and its connected tightly on both ends and is a new silicone hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.