Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil:
Has anyone replaced their front bumper? Someone gashed up mine on the street and was wondering how much it could be to get replaced. There's no strucutral damage but it's a nasty gash from the center to the left. any help? thanks.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
IIRC I've seen primed bumper covers (i.e. just the plastic part you see) for as little as $180 and for as much as $350. The painting would probably run $100-150. Installation you could do yourself otherwise it shouldn't cost much.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I too need to replace mine and the supports...it is barely (1/16th") pushed in. Would love to have all the parts and or sources for my Body guy! (have to do a front rt fender too)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Spanky...what are you selling this time? :D

RS4 etc would not look good on mine...I'm only doing a SoftSport lowering with eventual 17" wheels...70m a day (freeway) precludes me from doing any more.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm a selling maniac, dude!

Its hard raising money for all my new projects!

I want that new front that Jdub is fabricating!

(Did you put on the cat yet?) - I trust everything went well!

-steven

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Spanky McGee said:
(Did you put on the cat yet?) - I trust everything went well!

-steven
It bolted to the Turbo fine. Interesting that is is 30% smaller diameter then my last 2. Must be more effecient since the '02's had 170hp I think.

The problem was it did not come with the nuts welded on the downpipe flange end. So I found some nuts....was able to drop my bolts from the top (only cause I got skinny arms...and the smaller cat diameter) and then worked on getting the nuts on from the bottom. 1 was easy, 1 was tough, 1 was impossible!!!! Finally got it after 15 tries. Again....arms bigger then mine....no way.

So much easier when the nuts are welded on the Cat end. Easy to run a bolt up there on an extension. But a nut? Finger tips got a work out! :D

But it's real sweet now...went to a muffler shop....put in a 20" Glasspack, straighted out the pipe going into the muffler (no more suitcase), then chipped it. Wow! New car!!! I'm all grins!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.