Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting next month, Norfolk-based People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals plans to hand out "Buckets of Blood" to children outside KFC restaurants and at middle and high schools near the restaurants. The buckets are part of PETA's international campaign against what it says are farming and slaughter abuses by KFC's suppliers.

The 5-inch-tall, red-and-white striped containers mimic KFC's buckets. But instead of fried chicken, each is filled with items including a bag of fake blood and bones, a bloodied plastic chicken and a cardboard caricature of a blood-spattered Colonel Sanders holding a butcher knife toward a terrified-looking chicken.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031774483141
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
You can always count on PETA to provide comedy in times like this...
:weirdo: :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
somebody is gonna give them an ass whooping when an angry parent tracks one of these people down.

as they should...

i saw a great bumper sticker at the local dunkin donuts last weekend. it read "save a cow, eat a vegetarian"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
Well, I'm a vegetarian wannabe (can't quite give it all up yet) and animal lover, but this is just stupid. It's a good way to take big steps backwards for that organization.

Throwing fake blood on fur coat wearers is cool, though...
 

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
Joined
·
8,552 Posts
I will beat the living crap out of one of them if they attempt to do that to any of my kids. Than there will really be a bucket of blood when I stuff one of those dumb mf's into a bucket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
I hate PETA. I hate PETA. I hate PETA. I hate PETA SO MUCH that I'm starting to hate animals too. These guys are out of hand and there are FAR more worthy causes to devote all this time, energy, and thought into. There should have been a PETH at least before this crack team of bestial devotees was assembled. They probably all stomp on cockroaches when they go home too... They need to change their name to People for the Ethical Treatment of CUTE Animals just to be specific. G** damned hypocrites
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
PETA goes way, way too far.

Chickens, cows, pigs etc.. are bred for food. If we didn't have a use for them would they even exist? Would the domesticated cow exist in the wild? Now that's a funny thought.

PETA seems to think we should just liberate all the livestock and make them pets or something and become vegetarians. dumb.

Now nutritionally speaking, well that's a different story! But I won't go there here. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,122 Posts
It's all about shock value and it works. Notice we're talking about it? that means their marketing plan WORKED. PETA's HQ is in my backyard (almost), and yeah, they are very much extreme...but well meaning kooks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
duandcc said:
It's all about shock value and it works. Notice we're talking about it? that means their marketing plan WORKED. PETA's HQ is in my backyard (almost), and yeah, they are very much extreme...but well meaning kooks...
not if i go out and a eat double bacon cheeseburger!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
Medrosje said:
i saw a great bumper sticker at the local dunkin donuts last weekend. it read "save a cow, eat a vegetarian"
I've seen that one too, it's great :thumbup:
Yeah, it's kind of funny, but it's also stupid and I hope you don't think it supports any logical argument supporting however you feel.


hotani said:
PETA seems to think we should just liberate all the livestock and make them pets or something and become vegetarians. dumb.
That's a pretty brainless argument coming from someone calling other people dumb. Why do the animals exist? We breed them. If we stopped breeding them they soon wouldn't exist. Am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
yeah really. I think PETA just pisses people off so much they want to eat meat and support the industry!

Personally, I don't think its right to torture animals. But, from what I understand, most slaughterhouses are pretty humane. The ones PETA show in their videos and magazines represent a small percentage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
Holicow said:
Yeah, it's kind of funny, but it's also stupid and I hope you don't think it supports any logical argument supporting however you feel.
just thought it was funny, that's all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
Holicow said:
hotani said:
PETA seems to think we should just liberate all the livestock and make them pets or something and become vegetarians. dumb.
That's a pretty brainless argument coming from someone calling other people dumb. Why do the animals exist? We breed them. If we stopped breeding them they soon wouldn't exist. Am I missing something?
yeah, the point.

PETA says "down with the livestock industry!" I'm saying, that's just not gonna happen.

and settle down - jeez. you just jumped my case for saying "dumb" right after hollering "stupid" at someone... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,122 Posts
Medrosje said:
duandcc said:
It's all about shock value and it works. Notice we're talking about it? that means their marketing plan WORKED. PETA's HQ is in my backyard (almost), and yeah, they are very much extreme...but well meaning kooks...
not if i go out and a eat double bacon cheeseburger!
I'd gladly join you for a bacon double cheese... Umm...love burgers...

Vegitarian is an old indian word for "bad hunter"...
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top