Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the majority of owners with the Brullen exhaust made cutouts into the bumper, and was wondering if this was something that was required. I definitely like the look, but wanted to know if it was because of fitament issues.

Do the later Brullen builds (02/03) have a kink in the exit tips to accomodate the rear valence, eliminating the need for a cutout? I'd appreciate if if anyone can provide a closeup pic of the exit pipes and cutouts.

TIA

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Are you getting a used one from somewhere 'cuz I believe the Brullen closed down or something. Nobody seems to get in touch with them anymore. But if you are able to get a new one then I believe you CAN order one with the tip further down so you don't have to cut the valance.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Mine just cleared the lower valence by half a cm. I had asked Brullen to design it so that I wouldnt have to cut the valence. Sorry, I don't have a pic as I no longer have the car, but it still looked pretty sweet even without the valence cut.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a brand new one from a fellow B5er who never had it installed. The exit pipes on these do indeed kink down to fit under the valence. I just wanted to know if any other Brullen owners that had this particular version ended up cutting the bumper and seating the muffler up higher to fit it "through" the cutout.

TIA

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
huey said:
I purchased a brand new one from a fellow B5er who never had it installed. The exit pipes on these do indeed kink down to fit under the valence. I just wanted to know if any other Brullen owners that had this particular version ended up cutting the bumper and seating the muffler up higher to fit it "through" the cutout.

TIA

I don't know why you'd want to do this, but you could easily accomplish it with a sawzaw, and some straight pipe. just weld the SS tips back on the straight pipe when yer done.

instant rice. (kidding) I've seen some nice rear valence cutout jobs!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had to cut my valence. Looks OK from about 15 feet away, but I need to "fine tune" the edge of the valence to make it look perfect. BTW, the valence is a super-soft and very pliable plastic. I was able to cut it with a small hand saw and could probably have done it with a regular utility knife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts