Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a brullen exhaust for the 1.8t? I seen it on their website but haven't heard of anyone having one. How is it?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Do a SEARCH. I got mine almost 2 yrs ago in the 1st GB and I still love it! :heart:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Brullen may well be the most popular aftermarket full cat back 1.8T exhaust for ClubB5 members. It is at least the one I read about the most here.

I've had mine for two or three months (2nd group buy). I chose what Brullen calls a "quiet" system. The quiet system has a nice growl to it but it is not loud and has zero drone at any speed.

As far as performance goes I have not dynoed but the car seems faster with the exhaust, especially at highway speeds.

As mentioned above, try using the search function and you will unboubtedly find numerous posts about all different exhausts, including Brullen.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've heard my Brullen next to a techtonics and to my ear the techtonics was quite loud. Nothing inherntly wrong with loud but its doesn't suit my lifestyle and vehicle use.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
How loud are we talking? Any recordings? I was looking at Brullen but wasn't sure. I don't want Honda loud, but I would like it to be noticeably more sporty from both the inside AND outside.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
778 Posts
How loud is it you ask... here are some attempts at answering. Keep in mind that the topic of discussion is inherently subjective.

1. Loud enough that I know it's there but not so loud that I wish it was not there.

2. While crusing in any gear it is not so loud that it in any way interferes wih conversation or the stereo but upon acceleration I get a nice sporty growl that grabs the passenger's attention without being unpleasant.

3. Not as loud as standing next to a blender whilst you make an ice cream shake.

4. Not as loud as standing next to a full size cappuccino machine letting of steam. (Howeve the exhaust doesn't smell as good as the cappuccino either.)

5. Louder than a toilet flushing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Brullen Exhaust

SDPassaT (Harry) also has one - we drive his car around while trying to change his Tip into performance mode. I was surprised at how 'normal' it was, not intrusive at all.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm picking one up up from dayjay for 400. I'm looking forward to it. Brullen web site has it for like 950 bucks. This one has about 16000 miles on it. It's the quiet one. I'll try and figure out a way to record the sound inside and out and post. I'll record it in stock and 93 performance courtesy of APR in about two weeks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
get TT with venturi in visable tailpipe and it will be ok... but if you get the turndown non-visable and no venturi in the tailpipe... it will be TOO LOUD. trust me...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Its definately softer than the Borla. I had a Brullen in my car, and Blownaway gave me a couple rides in his Borla equipped Passat. I think his exhaust is .25 inches bigger than mine tho. With my Brullen at idle, I wouldnt notice I had an exhaust unless I really try to listen for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts