Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm intersted in buying a system from the group buy section that is going on right now, but i have a few questions. First off I plan on upgrading my turbo in the future does that mean i have to replace the whole system again or just the down pipe??? Does the downpipe that i get with the turbo back system work on lets say a ko4 set up??? I believe if i were to go with a gt28r or rs that i would have to change the downpipe...I don't mind getting a ko4 if i get to keep the exaust that i'm lookin to buy..

Thanks for all your help,
James

·
Registered
184 Posts
the cat back will work no problem AFAIK, and if you upgrade turbo theres a good chance you'll need a different manifold, needing a diferent downpipe more than likely...

·
Registered
778 Posts
wtf,

I am not sure that I follow your logic. If one has a Brullen exhaust, with Brullen downpipe, how does the (exhaust?) manifold question impact the downpipe?

For a 1.8T engine, the downpipe bolts to the cat, not the exhaust manifold.

Also, while some K04 kits do include new manifolds, I don't think they are required. This is not to say that a new manifold, properly designed, would not be an improvement when upgrading to a KO4.

My guess is that with anything bigger than a K04 you'll want a new manifold.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Yep, you're safe...get the Brullen. If you have a 5 speed, you might want to ask if they can build you a 3" exhaust. You have a little bit more room there for wider piping with the smaller tranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts