Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my system installed 3 weeks ago from the group buy, and two days ago a bracket fell off and tore a hole in the muffler, had to drive up to a shop to get it patched, the whole time it sounded like some abomination, or ricer, it was bad...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a shop, but isnt brullen known to sometimes have systems where the brackets fall off? shouldnt the muffler still be under warranty?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Look, I think Brullen has some issues. The last time I posted about this I got shouted down. I think someone else on the boards had some similar problems as you. My main problem with them was their inabilty to EVER return my calls. I could never recommend them.

It's funny - the latest group buy said they were unable to offer dual tips for the 4mo. That's all I wanted a call back for last year. . .

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
There have been issues with some systems rattling. Others have had issues with the brackets busting apart as well. Personally I cant comment on Brullen since I dont have one of their exhaust systems on my car. I would try to get in contact with them. If you email them, make sure to keep a copy for yourself just incase something goes sour.

Good Luck,
Steve

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
My system makes some wierd noises when reving it...I thought it was from the engine, but someone else told me not. I'm going to take it back to the shop and see what they say.

Mine didn't fit as good as everyone says they do either.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
My brullen exhaust all of a sudden had a bracket that self destructed as well. The car made a sudden Honda like fart can noise. I brought it to my local VW shop, Dubwerks, and they replaced the bracket free of charge, so I never brought the matter up to Brullen.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
What braket...I don't see any brackets on mine, except the ones right after the cat on my v6...and those aren't from brullen

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've had my bracket break and a gasket thingy fail.
Although I really like the sound/performance, I am disappointed in the craftsmenship of the equipment.
Unless you've got the time, I'd say suck it and get it fixed. :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts