Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Are there any good "Indi" mechanics or shops in Brooklyn NY?
Got some money put aside, now I need a mechanic to get
my 2004 1.8 started and moving. (can't do it my self, not a mechanic)
Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last month water pump started to fail and timing belt replacement was overdue and soon to fail. I shopped around doing basic test of repair shop ability to work on vw's by asking to pull trouble codes being my check engine light was on this was perfect way to see if they know what they were doing.6 different shops returned bull-s**t results said everything from my wires to computer no good to my computer is dead and not working at all. Well the car runs fine so we all know that was crap. Went to two vw dealers they wanted $2000-2500 for timing chain replacement alone. I searched yelp for vw repair near brooklyn area and came up with bruno's audi and vw repair. 7911 69th dr. Middle village ny 11379 glendale (718)326-7220 ask for tom tell him mike collins sent you these guy are great did timing belt water pump all roller tension pullys accesory belt pulled trouble codes and gave full evauation of car and complete repair list detailed with itemized cost with labor. They are honest shop is clean and secure dropped off my car thursday morning it was ready tuesday morning.it now runs better that it has the entire 5 years i owned it. Many thanks to tom and the guys. Read the reviews on yelp not a bad word can be said about this vw repair shop.

View attachment 15658

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tom did my car timing belt thermostat water pump rollers tensioner and accessory drive belt for $1300 im totally satsfied
Last month i took it back handed him the keys and told him get it inspection ready and return it with a 2016 sticker he did antilock brake module $350 tie rods cv boot lower control arm driver side ball joints driver side all 3 motor mounts wheel alignment temp control sensor cleared all codes tested and it passed inspection
I have put 1000 miles on the road since i picked it up from him and driving the car now is like having a new girlfriend just cant wait to be with her my cost $1,700 going back in few weeks for cam seals valve cover gaskets plugs and wires and adding cold air intake. I forgot to mention when he did the work last month he also threw in a new set of wiper blades (free $40 cost) and i really did need them so he replaced them just because...
Yes bruno's audi/vw is the truth and tom is a VW GOD!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts