Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got sick of my broken sunvisor and decided to take it apart. One of the connecting wires was shredded and partially melted to the visor arm. Today I took the disassembled visor to my local dealership to complain and they first stated that I probably broke the wire when I cut it open then they told me that they would not cover it because my warranty was done (it seems like this should be a recall to me). I should of figured that I would get this sort of a response from a stealership. :banghead:

Does anyone know where to get a new one at a good price?

01.5 V6 no mods no heated seats some dashboard lights one melted headlight harness and now no sunvisor

I have pictures but cannot seem to attach them

·
Registered
396 Posts
015lefty said:
I finally got sick of my broken sunvisor and decided to take it apart. One of the connecting wires was shredded and partially melted to the visor arm. Today I took the disassembled visor to my local dealership to complain and they first stated that I probably broke the wire when I cut it open then they told me that they would not cover it because my warranty was done (it seems like this should be a recall to me). I should of figured that I would get this sort of a response from a stealership. :banghead:

Does anyone know where to get a new one at a good price?

01.5 V6 no mods no heated seats some dashboard lights one melted headlight harness and now no sunvisor

I have pictures but cannot seem to attach them
Why don't you repair the wire to see if it works.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I bought mine from e-bay. I setup e-bay so it would e-mail me when a "passat homelink" became available. Typically runs about 100-150.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i take it you are not under warranty anymore (2001.5)?
Mine didn't work when i bought my 2004 for some reason. They replaced the entire visor under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts