Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was pumping gas and somehow managed to snap off the fuel tank door :cry: . My Bentley manual says I need to buy the "tank flap unit." I searched every VW parts site I could find but I can't locate this part. I was wondering:

About how much does the tank flap unit typically cost?

Is this part available online? If not, I'll call Drewparts on Monday.

Does the part come primed but not painted?

Any recommendations on the best way to get it painted? (dealer, bodyshop, Maaco, can of Krylon :biglaugh: ) This is my big concern. I want to keep the price reasonable but obviously I'd like it to look good. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
If you want a part number, the best way to get it is to call your Dealer's parts department. They can use an updated copy of ETKA and give you some of the details other than the part number.

I do not expect it comes painted. If you want the paint job to last and not look like junk, I'd go with a bodyshop, but this will cost you.

SirWired

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
yea they are hard to find and i still am not sure what the part number is. but i ended up buying one used from someone parting out there car. i never installed it, i ended up crazy gluing my old one back on, and it worked great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts