Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its at 39,630 so its going in on Presidents Day to get the big service done.
Now I did buy the ECSTuning 40K kit and my dealer is very good about using my parts, so now I need to ask--what should I have them look for while its in?

Here is my punch list so far:

* Already asked about the fuel pump recall, got "We'll see what we can do"
since its not official yet.

* Re-aim fog lights (replaced one)

* Check driver side middle speaker, bass sounds blown

* Clean the drain under the battery

* Inflate tires for optimal fuel economy (long-distance commuter)

* Report wear on brakes (rears replaced at 30K with ATE/PBR)

Anything else I need to check/look at while its still covered by B2B?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You can do most of 40K service items.

Like, change oil and oil filter. Change cabin filter. Change air filter. Change spark plugs.

The only thing you might want to have done is the fuel filter. I haven't done mine yet but will "someday".

The other main thing on the 40K maintenence is the timing belt check.

I did everything myself and never took the car to the dealer. I'm now pass 50K miles, so no stealer ever again.

Most dealers are charging around $400-600 for the 40K service, which is a rip-off. Try to do as much yourself and save money. At least you bought the parts online :thumbup:

8,184 Posts
Well 40,000 mile you need to swap out the air filter, spark plugs, and maybe the fuel filter.....i would just do that myself after the bad winter gas is over. But thats it really.....opps cabin air filter too:thumbup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting it done at the dealership so if anything happens in the next 10K miles VWoA won't get fussy about showing me the love.

After that, I might just stick with them for minor service ($14 if I buy my own oil and filter) and Induktion Motorsports for everything else.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, I am the second owner. The only break I caught was that my 03 was sold new by the same dealership I bought it from, and the previous owner took it there for service.

Is the B2B 4 years/50K or 4/60K?

·
Banned
742 Posts
You can't put air in your tires by your self? You neeed the dealer for that?
Dont have them change your oil, they love to over fill, well mine does at least everytime i check the oil level they must put in like 5 quarts extra its obsurd. And i do my own oil changes but i have to bring my car in for service and they chnage my oil with out telling me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2000v65speed said:
You can't put air in your tires by your self? You neeed the dealer for that?

Dont have them change your oil, they love to over fill, well mine does at least everytime i check the oil level they must put in like 5 quarts extra its obsurd. And i do my own oil changes but i have to bring my car in for service and they change my oil with out telling me.
If I am going to have it in there for scheduled maintenance, I am going to ask them to do things while they have it.

So far they have not overfilled my oil, but I also bring my own and I leave them notes to keep checking things. I guess they figure I will double-check their work and call them on it. :whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts