Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping around various car service centers where I work to try and find the best deal on the Bridgestone Turanzas LS-H that I have decided I will put on my car once it's time to replace my current tires (which is very soon). The cheapest place I found was the MasterCare Car Service center, which is basically a Firestone. After doing a price match, I was able to get the final estimate, tax included, to be just at $500. Is this a good deal?

I got them to match $99 a tire, so labor, equipment, everything else totaled about $100. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I paid about $500 for size 215/55/16, that included mounting, balancing and 5% tax about 2 years ago at Costco. So if you're getting 16" or bigger, I'd say you're getting a decent deal. If they are 15" you may be able to do a little better but probably not much better.

FYI - I just traded in the Passat that had these tires installed. The tires had almost 46,000 miles on them and they still had 8/32" of tread left on them. Granted, I do mostly highway driving but these tires were wearing unbelievably well. They are a little pricey but IMO, well worth the extra money.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I paid $500 at the Firestone (and got suckered into paying the extra $50 for a extended warrantee), plus a $50 alignment, but then they helped install my Chasbar for free when I came in for a tire rotation, so it was all good in the end even with a total of $600. The tires are great and worth the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts