Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with these tires? I'm considering them, not for my Passat, but for the wife's Taurus. Looking for something that will be good in rain and occasional light snow, fairly quiet and smooth riding. Decent handling would be nice too, but it's not at the top of the list. These look well rated in Tirerack reviews.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got the v rated turanzas and so far I like them alot. Their quiet and seem to handle well on wet roads. I haven't driven in the snow with them yet but I'm sure they'll be better than the stock michelins.

·
Registered
27,565 Posts
I've got them in a 215-55-16 on my Passat. They are
quieter than other tires I have tried but do seem to have a
little cupping/feathering on the front. I just got them and
have put 10,000miles on them in the last 2 months. I will
probably rotate them side to side to keep the wear even.
I do tend to abuse tires. They are good in the rain and
handle well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've also got the V-rated version. Mine are doing the same wear stuff as PZ. I'm considering rotating side to side as well. They're a good tire. Mine have developed a little noise as they've worn, but are still pretty quiet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great. Thanks for all the responses. I'm not too worried about the cupping, though. My Passat seems to do that to just about any tire I put on it. The LS-H's will live a leisurely life on the wife's Taurus.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
On my recommendation, Turenzas went on my mother's Subaru Legacy wagon. I've gone through sets of Potenzas for mine and my son's various cars. Love them all, especially my current 16" RE730s. Turenza is Bridgestone's highway touring tire. They are very quiet at highway speed. They wear forever. Your wife will never notice them which is good. It's when she notices them you're in trouble. With my B5, dropped, stiffened, larger wheels/tires, etc. my wife drove it soon after and asked, "Did you do something to the wheels?"

No my little Pirahna. I didn't touch them. Why do you ask?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts