Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard it. :mad:

CNN said:
"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The six-month long corporate corruption trial involving former Tyco CEO Dennis Kozlowski ended in a mistrial Friday after 12 days of closely watched but ultimately fruitless deliberations.

New York State Supreme Court Judge Michael Obus granted a new defense motion for a mistrial after rejecting numerous earlier requests.

Notes from the jury room a week ago suggested there was a single juror, a retired teacher and lawyer, holding out for acquittal.

Kozlowski and co-defendant Mark Swartz, the company's ex-chief financial officer, had been accused of bilking the conglomerate of $600 million -- $170 million from unauthorized bonuses and personal loans and another $430 million through dishonest stock sales.

They maintained their innocence throughout the trial. They now likely face a new trial by state prosecutors on the same charges. "

·
0 Posts
The funny thing is if i had worked for tyco and on the same day that Mr kozlowski stole his $600 mil, and i had stolen a copy machine i would still be in jail. Ironic

·
Registered
551 Posts
money talks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
A source, speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said that Juror No. 4 — a woman who had nearly brought the case to a mistrial last week — had received a threatening or coercive letter within the past 24 hours
How much do you want to bet one of the defendants or someone working for one of the defendants sent that letter precisely to GET a mistrial!!!???!!!

:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Tyrannosaurus
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing