Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

My Passat GLX 4 motion (2004) rear brake lights seem to stay on all the time even if I don't push the pedal down. And it only happens when I have the lights turned on while driving in the evening/night. If the general lights are off during the day, the brake lights work normal. Interestingly the bottom brake lights are only affected and the brake light on top of the rear windshield works normal, meaning it turns on and off when I push and release the pedal.
Any insights?

Simon

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have seen this before at a my indys shop..same problem, lights off brake light works as normal...lights on and brake bulb on constant..had to do with the wrong bulbs installed...somehow the owner managed to buy bulbs that looked similar but with a different base and install them, the bulbs were sorted of wedged into place....i was bored so i installed the correct bulbs for him and problem solved....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you JTI!!!

You were absolutely right with that! Changed the bulbs and everything is normal again. You rock!!!

:bowdown:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome! I'm not the only one in the world with this problem. It looks as though I had single fillament bulbs installed instead of the double ones on my driverside. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts