Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace the brake system in my 1999 variant to something a little bigger. I've heard the a8 is a cost-eff. way to go, but I don't know.
Does anyone have insight on this??? I used the info forum and nothing to my like. Reason is later down the road I'd like to upgrade to a k-04 turbo.

-CHRIS

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
What Dan(D.Passat00) gave you as a link is good, but if you want more bite and bigger rotors then go with these:

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...=FWD&category=Braking&subcategory=ECS Stage 1

With these you keep your stock calipers and just get bigger rotors, form either a 11" or 11.3" stock to a nice big 13.1" rotor

Also get the PBR ceramic brakes are a great buy!

What you do is all a metter of price!

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Oh well I was one inch off :weirdo: so what!

Anyway why would Chris upgrade from stock 15" wheels to 16" wheels? :crazy: Wouldn't that be a waste of money? :suspicio:

Anywho Chris, hope we have been able to help! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
slimebucket said:
Oh well I was one inch off :weirdo: so what!

Anyway why would Chris upgrade from stock 15" wheels to 16" wheels? :crazy: Wouldn't that be a waste of money? :suspicio:

Anywho Chris, hope we have been able to help! :thumbup:

Don't salt his game.

Actually julian and i were the ones helping chris . . . .

Dave :wink:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I wasnt salting anyone's game, and what is salting anyway :crazy:

I was just being practical!

PS I think we should post pics of "salt" instead of "rice" when we have to :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
slimebucket said:
I wasnt salting anyone's game, and what is salting anyway :crazy:

I was just being practical!

PS I think we should post pics of "salt" instead of "rice" when we have to :lol: :lol:
Well technically 16" wheels are the most practical. Large enough to clear the A8 upgrade, lightweight, cheap rubber, large enough to fit performance tires on.

Dave :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.