Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ... i dont know where to start ... first i have a somewhat heavy foot, i go fast, why this is important i dont know, but it could help ... ok my brakes are fubard. i noticed during the begining of the summer my brakes were lcoking up in the back, and everyone told me that it was normal for them to do that every once in a while. NOW... going about 30 mps and stopping either light or hard my cars does this pump motion. what i mean by :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: a pump motion is that it takes pauses in braking when stopping, kinda a lil jerky. i really dont know what the cause of this is and really dont have much time to fix it, anyone have any ideas on this. the brakes were replaced around 11K (bc i had alot of fun the first year with it and had to pay later), now the car has about 32K and brand new tires. stock brakes. i can afford around 300-400 $$ to fix this. IDEAS? COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS? i have till wednesday october 13 to fix this because im going on a trip over 1K miles ... SOMEONE HAVE MERCY AND HELP ME...... :bow:

WISH ME LUCK ~~~ SONNY
859-396-6426 and leave a mssg
[email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i am positive that it is not the ABS ... im thinking its time for new brakes but ive never experienced this with a car before the motion... it is seriously like a pumping feeling , the type like when your on a rollercoaster and its stopping after a very big loop, it pumps you to a stop ...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wouldn't dismiss ABS so quickly. It sounds like one of the sensors went bad and ABS is mistakenly activating at 30 mph.

Have you activated ABS in the past? Do you know what it feels like? If not, you might want to find an empty parking lot, get up to 10-15 mph and slam on the brakes, this will activate ABS.

I guess it could be warped rotors, they can give a warped feel?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I tend to agree with the previous answers to your post about having the ABS Sensor checked on your Passat. Also, what are the conditions of your pads and rotors? Did you flush/replace your brake fluid?

I don't know if your car is a 2002 or 2003 model year, but you should be covered under warranty if the ABS Sensor or Master Cylinder is defective. Schedule a trip to the dealership..

Good luck,

Will aka The Swami

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.