Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a problem with their brake pads being installed incorrectly at the factory? Mine was no flush with the rotor. This caused the pad to wear unevenly and gouge a huge rign into the rotor, about a quarter inch deep.
Just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

·
Registered
649 Posts
:Yikes: A quarter inch! Is this on your 01 B5.5? Someone must have done a brake job in the last 5 years and would have noticed this. Was there not a @#$% load of skreetching braking? Sorry for the no help on this post but if you just noiticed now you might want to check with whoever did your last brake job, if that is an option... Good luck!

G

·
It seem to me the way the pads are installed they would flush themselves once you hit the pedal as they are not independently bolted to the carrier.
You sure its not something else.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was a lot of screeching until i got it fixed. the backing on the pad was hung up on one side. i'm not a brake man, but there is a flange that one side of the brake pad did not clear and that is why it wore unevenly. when i hit the brakes the piston pushed the pad down and bent it. i'll try to submit a pic as soon as i can. the guy that changed that pads said they looked like they were from the factory. I am going back to the town i bought the car in this weekend so i will track down wether or not they are factory and if not, who installed them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i realize that i have a lto of misspelled words. this is not because i am an idiot. i am at work and need to type fast before my boss sees me on this web site. just so you guys know.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
OEM brake pads does not mean they were this way from the factory. if the previous owner had it serviced at the dealership or with OEM pads it would look like it was from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts