Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Passat -02 b5.5 (Swedish..) Automatic + steptronic.

Whn braking moderatly hard the brakes work fine. When I brake hard, the pedal stay down, forcing the car to a full stop. When stopped I can tap the pedal in different ways and it will finally come up to the normal position again.

Recently did some brake jobs on her (changed the brake fluid.), also fixed the abs-censors. However I just bought the car and can't remember if it was liek ths before I started on it.

Did have some trouble seeing how much brake fluid to fill up, also to actually fill up any brake fluid, it seemed the fluid just wouldnt go down into the canister as planned. But dripping very slowly down. Perhaps there is some trick in how to fill the brake fluid?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
you may have air in the brake lines or a small leak somewhere. did you properly bleed the brake system (ie, remove the air bubbles) and securely reconnect all hoses/connections?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds to me like the brake pedal assembly (pivot, etc.) or the master cylinder (piston binding in bore from corrosion, etc.) is binding. Air in the system would give a spongy pedal, but not prevent it from returning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the problem, a locking-pin within the brake-pedal pressure "clock" (not sure if its called clock in english). This problem could have gone very bad. The pin was broken and got loose, only when braking hard, practically locking the wheels,..

Not very happy with the quality on these things. It says Audi on practically every part, will remember this incident for sure when looking at audi cars aswell..

Will publish pictures on the problem later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts