Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone again.
I just need to know where I can get good front brake pads for my Passat. I just wore mines out yesterday.

I greatly appreciate any info.

Chris

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I like EBC rotors and pads. Just so you know, you can't get your old rotors turned, because they're thin to begin with. You might as well replace them too, if you haven't replaced them yet.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I'll second the EBC pads (used GreenStuff) but the EBC rotors were expensive.
I ended up doing Brembo rotors for way less.
I've got RedStuff pads. They take a long time to break in, but I anticipate having these pads on for a good long time.

I got the EBC rotors for two reasons:

1. They're coated with zinc so they won't rust like crazy. The zinc gets scrubbed off the friction surface, of course, but the non-friction surface will stay clean.

2. If something goes wrong I can lean on EBC with the argument that "I used a matching set of rotors and pads!" Hopefully (and thus far it seems to be the case) I'll never need to worry about such things.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had good luck with Axis PBR Deluxe pads and Brembo plain faced rotors on all four corners.

If you don't track your car and don't care about the aesthetic benefits from slotted/cross drilled rotors, this combo can provide a very inexpensive and effective solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts