Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the market to replace my front pads and rotors. I am strictly looking for OEM parts, as this is my father's vehicle. I noticed that GermanAutoParts.com is the only site that sells OEM Jurid brake pads; they have pad sensor wires that aren't discussed in a4passata6's pad/rotor replacement DIY. Is it difficult? Or do you just unplug the old pad wires, and plug in the new ones?

Also, as a sidenote, the rotors listed as OEM on GermanAutoParts.com do not specify if they are Brembo or not. Can I trust that they are? I would rather buy from ImportRP.com because their OEM Brembos are cheaper, but they don't carry the Jurid pads...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Don't sweat the Jurid pads - In the past I used EBC Green Stuff w/ Brembo rotors (front and rear). EBC meets oem specs, but are better stopping and cleaner. Other aftermarket pads are good, too.
The EBC's came with the wear sensor lead, and bedding compound.
The only tricky part is feeding the wire and connector back around properly.
Do one side first, leaving the other side to look at in the process if you get confused.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Brembo are not OEM rotors! ATE is OEM. why are you flexible on rotors but not pads?:crazy: Buy PBR/Axxis deluxe pads.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just bought Jurid rear pads from germanautoparts.com myself. I'm in MA, placed order yesterday at 1PM, got them today. Only frustrating thing is they don't calculate shipping nor did they email me a receipt. I'll be interested to see when I get home what the shipping charge was.

I struggled for a week but between all the stories of squeaking, rattling, eating rotors or not being as grabby when cold as the OEM pads I decided to can it and just stay stock. I don't autox or track it, just the occassional spirited drive, so fade resistance isn't an issue for me. Most aftermarket pads are substantially less thick than OEM pads, too. I got four great, quiet, smooth, gentle (mic'd rear rotors at 9.9mm, how's THAT for gentle!) years out of the OEM pads so why not stick with 'em. I really did want to put a set of Hawk HPS or EBC Greenstuff pads, but I just read too many posts from folks using aftermarket pads having this issue or that problem, so I stuck with OEM.

·
Registered
28,365 Posts
I would replace the OEM with the PBR Deluxe pads. Same performance (or better) but no dust. My stock pads dusted in 2-3 days. The PBR Deluxe were still clean after a month. No noise either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed PBR Ceramics in my wife's car a few months back, no noise, no dust and they stop better than the stock pads. I went with Brembo rotors, which I also use on my BMW. I will install these pads on my BMW when the brakes need to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts