Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had the stock rotors replaced with brembo blanks a month ago and ever since there will be a noise when I step on the brakes. It's kind of hard to describe, I want to say it sounds like a loud click but I'm not too sure. I'd say it happens just about every time I step on the brakes, hard or soft it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I've had the PBR Ultimate pads on there for about 5 months before the Brembo blanks, which makes me wonder if they could be the culprit because they still rattle when I go over rough roads and still squeal at every other stop sign.

What I'm thinking at this point is that possibly the front pads are not sitting snug enough in the caliper and that everytime I step on the brakes the noise I'm hearing is the caliper hitting the back of the pad and then pushing it up against the rotor.

Also keep in mind that the shop that installed the rotors also did my coilovers at the same time and is a very reputable shop in my area so I would be surprised to find that it was a bad install.

TIA :thumbup:

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Did you check the tension spring that holds the pad? If it doesn't seat properly it can cause the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts