Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used 2016 Passat SE TSI a little while back and the brakes are way too sensitive, more so when going slow like trying to pull into a parking spot or the garage. It's very touch going very slow, and I have to basically take my foot completely off the brake peddle before it will release and roll forward. We test drove several others from 2014's to 2016's and they didn't do this. Is there something I can check or fix easliy? Also the cruise control doesn't seem to hold the set speed for long, this might be part of the same issue? Any help is appreciated before the stealership gets a shot at it. I searched here and didn't find any posts for this.

·
Registered
335 Posts
As this is a recent model any issue should be covered under the manufacturer warranty regardless of the owner so I would take it directly to the dealer unless it already has surpassed such warranty.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You can call the dealership, any dealership and ask them about it. IIRC it is 5 years or 100,000 miles but I may be wrong so a phone call will be better.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry to know that. Now lets wait for someone else who may have had that kind of issue and can be more helpful. It may take a little longer due to your car being newish and not too many issues with it so far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
All the 2016+ I've driven at the dealership seems to have this issue. I'm not sure its specific to your car. Vortex thread about this as well. My brother has a 2016 SEL and I have a 2017 SEL premium. They all do this. Some think it is the hill hold assist feature being too aggressive, I have yet to turn mine down with VAG-COM. Others just think it is heavy brake boost. A lot of the dealership cars do not exhibit this partly due to pads not bedding in yet. I know on my beetle that turning down hill hold assist to less aggressive makes a world of difference and brakes no longer feel boosted. The Beetle and Passat share the same brake module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts