Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 15 psi currently and am ready to explore the breathing capability of the gt28r. My goal is 300 hp. I have added a few things since my last post and will run it down in a second. But my issue is tuning. I called Mike at tyrol sport and he told me that i needed 440cc injectors to be comfortable at 300 hp. He also said the best thing for me to do is get a piggyback fuel contoller to control the 440's . That way i can use my stock 210's with the atp software/factory electronics , and when boost comes in the pigyback puts in the proper fuel. I am doing sort of an opinion pole here. Is this truely my best bet. I think if i go this way i will get garrett tuning as my "base" tuning, however i wil be running 25 lbs of boost and garret tuning won't work with that. Atp has tuning that will but i want to.....veer away from that software. I've looked at revo, wetteraur, garret and apr, but i have to have the higher boost abilities. what to do?

Is there any way to fool the conmuter liek the gulf guys do with diodes and bigger maf housings? I have a drive by cable aeb, and found out the biggfer maf thing is not for me, my stuff ran like crappppolla! Any other tricks?

The car is fast now, but i found out last week that my alternator has been dying for a few months, so my performance has been down a bit.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
I said this from beggining and I will say it again....from what Ive heard and read about these kids is that they work the best with K04 software.

Go to Techincal 1.8T forum at Vortex....and search search search....same for 1.8T.org and 20vturbo.com

Its all about the knowledge...

I would start there...

I would also find someone with VAG and dyno the car first. See the A/F ratio and all the other good stuff. Post the stuff....on the forums.....let people see it....read it compare, see if everything is ok. What is whats not.....and take it from there. There might be another issue rather then programming. Im not saying it is or its not but doing testing will tell you some of the story!!!

If you want to go the route Mike told you....that doesnt sound bad either.

As far as Mike goes...he knows his shit! He has done some amazing stuff for me and I would recommend him to anyone.

He will also be doing my clutch!!! :wink:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
UPsolute might be able to help you tune...our Toronto reps at 10xtuning are just about done with a program for the transverse ATP stage 2 kit....23 psi, 440 cc, VR6 MAF, proper fuel system mods, IC, other goodies, a *real* nice setup. :thumbup: I've spoken to the car's owner ("Don_R") at vwvortex and sounds like the results are pretty good, I'm sure we'll hear all the details once it's complete.

Can't imagine running that kit on 210's :nervous:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Doogie, is 15psi what the garrett set-up runs at, or are you using an MBC.

Do you have an adjustible FPR (can't remember from your last post)?

What duty cycle are your injectors currently running at? Even with a 5 bar FPR, I can't imagine you have much room left in them, which is probably why you are losing timing.

Hey, I have some 440's - bring your car down and we can throw them in...hehehe. I have a nice MBC sitting around and some diodes as well, I am sure we can get something to work.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I swapped out my 210's like the day after my install for 380's and they run fine witht the software. As a matter of fact i put them in because the car was running lean on 5bar of preasure. And since i did this the car has really spooled nice.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for posting #'s that is good advice. I meant to do that a while ago. Procrastination u know. I'll get on that as soon as i Fix the alternator.

·
Registered
402 Posts
380's at 5 bar should be able to sustain what you want, but for better tuning, I would think about getting an adjustible FPR. Do you have a FMIC? Aww heck, just post everything you have on the car with the numbers, and maybe we can go from there.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post what i have now and the #'s next week after i get to the dyno

PS thanks for the input everyone, I love the car but it's a bit overwhelming trying to figure all this out. :shock: :eek:

99 Pasat 1.8t

GT28R turbo

Eurospec 5bar fpr

(Random Tech) highflow cat

380cc injectors

Manuel boost controller

(ABD) divertervalve

stage 2.5 clutch (spec)

(spec)lightened flywheel

(ADB) FMIC

(ATP)stage 2 tuning :nervous: :puke: (15psi)using n75+boostcontroller for faster spool

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
doogie_h said:
I'll post what i have now and the #'s next week after i get to the dyno

PS thanks for the input everyone, I love the car but it's a bit overwhelming trying to figure all this out. :shock: :eek:

99 Pasat 1.8t

GT28R turbo

Eurospec 5bar fpr

(Random Tech) highflow cat

380cc injectors

Manuel boost controller

(ABD) divertervalve

stage 2.5 clutch (spec)

(spec)lightened flywheel

(ADB) FMIC

(ATP)stage 2 tuning :nervous: :puke: (15psi)using n75+boostcontroller for faster spool
ScottyPassat is right...that guy over at vortex has went thru numberous head aches....but now it seems like he got everything worked out. PM him!!!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 11 of 11 Posts