Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the difference between a diverter valve and a blow off valve, just wondering if it actually translates into any performance/ reliability differences. any help would be appreciated as i'm looking to replace m stock DV and want to shop around for the best deal. thanks much.

joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the only advantage of a bov is the sound it makes? if so i'm just gonna get a diverter valve because it's not worth the risk if vw doesn't recommend it. then again what does vw recommend.......

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
some people have had it last through a Wett chip but i bought it about 6 months ago and i have a Wett chip and its startin to shit the bed. No "honking" yet but i get a odd little air releasing sound when i let off the gas after hard boost...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
that what i'm going to go with next but the TT isn't bad for a while if u can't spare the $$$ for the forge right now.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
last august was when i got my Wett chip then about 2 months later i got TT dv and its just going now so it should last u at least about a year....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.