Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, i never heard how this muffler sounds so i cant really say anything about it. However I heard how remus mufflers sound and they sound good! I know you dont wanna spend more than 200 but i think u may find a remus for that (used probably) or with just a little more you can get a remus that sounds real good and which has lots of quality.
I am not sure if it was the borla but i think some users here said it sounded too ricey... i am not sure about this though, it prob wasnt the borla...

·
Registered
628 Posts
That looks like the same muffler used in the TT system. The muffler sounds great when the car is idling or at lower rpms. At higher rpms its a little LOUD. I'm still getting use to the sound and its been about three or four months now since I had the system put in. See if you can find someone in your area that has one so you can hear it befor you buy it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
897 Posts
techtonics uses borla mufflers and re packs the inside if i am noy mistaken. i have a tt exaust with a borla muffler and am nothing but happy with it. you will notice a diff in sound but it will not be to noisey. but that is just my 2cents

G

·
TT does not repack the mufflers they are spec'd for TT at the factory And the options are Borla or FLowmaster. I have the 2.5 Borla system and i love it, it puts out a nice sound in higher rpms and a low bass when cruising. It gets louder when you step in but i love the sound. Hear it brfore you buy it!

And this place has amazing parts and pricing

http://www.gprparts.com/index.asp

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20vvillian said:
TT does not repack the mufflers they are spec'd for TT at the factory And the options are Borla or FLowmaster. I have the 2.5 Borla system and i love it, it puts out a nice sound in higher rpms and a low bass when cruising. It gets louder when you step in but i love the sound. Hear it brfore you buy it!

And this place has amazing parts and pricing

http://www.gprparts.com/index.asp
All right all, right . we go it , TT does not repack the mufflers ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.