Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a set of Borbet Type R's @ Audizine locally. He's selling them dirt cheap and they may be a good starter set for my W8. Is anyone familiar with these wheels? I did a search and I didn't realize Borbet had a numerous selection of "types."

I'm 50/50 on them right now (if they even fit/work, I haven't contacted the seller yet) so I'd like to see them on a :b55:.

TIA

http://medialocker.org/p/52/5

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=107167

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Depending on price, I'd snatch them up.

From what I know Borbets are fairly decent wheels.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
That doesn't seem like a bad price at all, especially if there's any type of decent rubber left.

Hell if you don't like 'em you could probably sell them and get your money back easily.

But wait for others to chime in before biting the bullet.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the $300 is just for the wheels. What I'm looking for is a good deal throughout the winter and just store them until I get lowered plus I'm needing new tires around that time, so I'm just keeping my eyes peeled. I'm just going to have everything done at once (tires/wheels/springs/shocks)

I sent the seller an email, so we'll see. Who knows, they may not even fit.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of my other potential ideas:

Flik Artics in silver...when Jordan had them on his :b55: I fell in love with them!

mmm...

Or I might just keep the Atlantas, slap on some spacers and meatier tires and call it a day after the slam. :beer: I just want my W8 to stand out from the crowd and do something no one else has done. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
borbets are german made wheels. pretty classic brand. i got me some type As. paid little over 700 on ebay and like 370 for shipping from england to honolulu....that sucked.

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
Of all the Borbets I like these a lot. I would ask for photos of the one with rash. I bought mine off of audizine too. My seller said there was rash on the ones I bought. When I got there it was all of an inch worth. A lot of those audi guys keep good care of those wheels so its a good place to buy

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The seller wrote back today...

He said there was curb rash on 100% of one wheel and the others are in above average condition, with knicks and curbage here and there. I will ask for close ups, but I would like to see these wheels on a :b55: before I make a decision. The only picture I could find on here is these wheels on a :b5:.

Type R's on a PW member's B5..."Cork"

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found Rich P's :b55: on B5One...he's running 17" type R's. I don't think I like the style of these wheels, $300 or not. I just don't like the way the spokes look. The search continues...

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
That's too bad. I've got Type WR's and the Borbets are definitely good wheels. They're a bit on the heavy side (wish I'd asked before I bought), but they generally go with the VW/Audi styling cues pretty well.

I'll admit that I'm ready for a change, though. If I could unload these at a good price, I'd start looking elsewhere for something new and exciting.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah...I'm looking around. I just don't want to rush and get something that I'd regret on down the line. I'm looking on here, Audizine, B5One, and Vortex. If I get a set of wheels, they're for keeps. I really don't want to go with what everyone else has (i.e. HP, Flik, etc.) On that note, I'm re-re-considering Daniel's (IdriveB5) Inox's. The chrome would go well with my car and I've always liked the 5-spoke look (easy to clean, too). Run 'em with some spacers, tint and a slam and I'd be good to go. :thumbup: :beer:

I'm just trying to find pics of how the Inox's look on a black :b55:...

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And for clarification, that first one was Inox 17" wheels ...

Damn that's HOT!!! Very tempting indeed...I'll have to conduct a poll here soon. It's between the Inox's, 5 18" flik artics in black for $600 shipped, black flik justices, or HP Evos...decisions, decisions...feel free to "MS Paint" these wheels too... :D :thumbup:

please dont tell me its SNOWING right now liket that where you at....:icon_eek:
Yup...both O'Hare and Midway were shut down last week. The storm missed us completely, and Dubuque is pretty much a 3 hour straight shot from Chi-town... :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts