Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up my car from an oil-change and the guy told me that my front driver boot is busted open, and as a result I need to replace the "L REMN CV COMPL".

He also said that after they'll do the above they'll need to do a 4-wheel alignment.

He wanted $110 for the "L REMN CV COMPL", $100 for labor, and $66 for the wheel alignment.

Does all this sound right?

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
PhatRabbitzz said:
I went to pick up my car from an oil-change and the guy told me that my front driver boot is busted open, and as a result I need to replace the whole axle.

He also said that after they'll replace the whole axle they'll need to do a 4-wheel alignment.

He wanted $110 for the axle shaft, $100 for labor, and $66 for the wheel alignment.

Does all this sound right?
that's really cheap for a whole axle . . . . i'd reconsider. Not sure that you even need an alignment since you're not touching the tie rods at all.

Dave

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
hmmmm sounds like he's just going to replace the boot . . . . no way is he giving you a new axle or even a new joint for that price. In that case, it's overpriced for the boot and you don't need an alignment.

Dave

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
PhatRabbitzz said:
Where can I get a boot from? Does ECS carry it?
yea. . . altho your local dealer will prolly have it for $20-30 . . . .which makes it pointless to order one. Be sure to get the kit . . . . which has the grease & everything.

Dave

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sharky said:
If they say you need an alignment afterward you don't want them doing it.
lol, good point, just had driver side go out and the boot is around $50(should be $20-$30, you get juiced for owning PASSAT) and labor is about $70 it was $130 ish for boot replacement on other side that happened only 2 mos ago, blah.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.