Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Boosted Tech intake system

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  NUISANCE 
#1 ·
hey guys....

have you guys heard anything about this intake system?

i know it's not exactly a cold air intake but it's got a pretty

decent size heatshield and it's further away from the turbo

than Evo or HKS intake. I know it's for the B6 A4 but do

you know how it fits or our car?

thanx
josh

#2 ·
It won't fit, but they may have one in the future for the B5 both audi and passat. They also won't sell you one if you say it is for a B5 they haven't done testing on it yet. I met one of the head honcos at the ND show.

Last I heard they were trying to find a willing b5 owner for r&d. His FMIC for the B6 A4 looks very nice.

Pete

#4 ·
I emailed them the other day I'll copy and paste what he said:

Patrick,

The kit has not been tested on a Passat yet, but I'm currently looking for one to fit it on...actually, I'm looking for a B5.5. My buddy has a B5 and it doesn't look like anything will fit under the headlight. If you're up for the challenge of making our kit fit in your car, my hat's off to you, but I can't promise anything.

Best regards,

Raul Alvidrez, Jr.
Boosted Technology, Inc.
www.boostedtech.com

I emailed him again asking if it doesnt fit can I return it, or if there will be any B5 or B5.5 kits in the future.....havent heard anything on that yet. I'll try to keep you guys updated too :)

Later

#5 ·
Also, if the kit does fit for our cars, it will be the first true air intake, not just a filter replacement. If you havent seen the pictures of it installed on the A4 it moves the filter away from the motor and more towards the bumper/headlight. Man I really hope this thing fits on our cars.

#8 ·
You guys SUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!! You stole my idea :p I posted it up and now everyone wants one. I saw it first, it's mine :p

I will be buying one when I get my car back to see if it fits. Pete and I saw the guy at the ND show. I wanted to buy one on the spot but since he wasn't sure it would fit he wouldn't sell me one. I haven't bought anything from him yet and he already gets a :thumbup: from me for having integrity and not wanting to screw me over even though I didn't care :)

#11 ·
shuPASSAT-
I was just being sarcastic, I could really care less. I was going to post up if it fit anyway. I don't think it will be a problem with that though. I saw it installed in an Audi at the show and it looked like it would clear it everything. The guy even took a look at a B5. The thing he was worried about was the AC tank thingy below the light. He wasn't sure if it would clear that or not. I would be more than willing to buy one if someone would let me test fit it on there ride. I would use mine but it's in the shop.

croman-
This is the only pict I have. I didn't even think to snap a pict of it installed at the show.

F it, i will order one right now. I totally forgot my mom has a b5.5 too, duh. I will let you know when I get it and if it fits

#12 ·
Here are a few more pics of it installed, gives you a little better idea of what it accomplishes over the evoms intake and the HKS intake.

I don't really know what our cars look like without a bumper on them, so I couldnt really tell ya if it would look like there are clearance problems. Also I believe its the same price as the evoms kit too.

#13 ·
Have any B5.5er's e-mailed then to be a dummy car for them? I'm willing to be a dummy car for them, but i don't want to step on anyones shoes if they have already emailed them about this. Like many have said, it might work just fine for a b5.5, but if it doesn't, this might be a good opertunity to get the ball roll'in! 8)

#14 ·
I checked out the website. Insterestingly, the information on this product contains a disclaimer that states the intake should not be used on wet roads or in wet climates because of the risk that water will enter the engine. Doesn't seem like this product would be good the the "daily driver" Passats that so many of us own.

Slider.

#15 ·
Slider said:
I checked out the website. Insterestingly, the information on this product contains a disclaimer that states the intake should not be used on wet roads or in wet climates because of the risk that water will enter the engine. Doesn't seem like this product would be good the the "daily driver" Passats that so many of us own.

Slider.
Thats because this is a TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE unlike the HKS, and EVOMS that are curently availiable for our cars. Since the filter is outside of the engine bay, there is a posibility that in heavy rain, or if you drive in a puddle (a very large puddle) that water could be sucked in. Judging by the pics, it looks like the filter dosen't hang very low compared to other CAI on the market. I wouldn't worry about it during this time a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.