Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Boosted Tech CAI is Available and IN STOCK!!!

3K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  swcrow17 
#1 ·
I put myself on thier mailing list thinking if they actually released an intake sometime before 2020 it would be a good thing. Well i checked my email today and sure enough there was an update:

Boosted Tech said:
Our site is up & Cold-Air Intakes are in stock...
Anyway, of course i am broke now, but after the fiasco with ABD I will most likley be getting this system when i am ready to do a CAI.

Anyway here are some pics from thier site:

I hope they offer other colors since that blue doesnt work with my car's color scheme at ALL :thumbdown

Anyway price is looking to be $269 retail.

http://www.boostedtech.com/ for more info

:thumbup: :thumbup:

See less See more
#21 ·
I think it's better than ABD's as the filter is further away from the turbo. ALthough the note about only being used in dry weather is very stange. I've never seen any other mfg of a cai state that so why do they?

#22 ·
swcrow17 said:
Honestly, can it REALLY suck the air so hard that water will defy gravity and go around two curves into the engine, provided you're not in a puddle?
if it rains hard enough, sure why not. highways around my area flood easily all the time. they're not katrina flooding conditions but enough where i can see the water splash against my windows.

#23 ·
1.8Tttturbo said:
if it rains hard enough, sure why not. highways around my area flood easily all the time. they're not katrina flooding conditions but enough where i can see the water splash against my windows.
ok but wouldn't EVERY CAI have this problem? Especially those ones that go down well into the wheel fender....

#24 ·
The Limey said:
ok but wouldn't EVERY CAI have this problem? Especially those ones that go down well into the wheel fender....
yup! i know of 1.8t engines that are stock that have hydrolocked, a CAI would only increase the likelihood that this can happen.

it only takes one bad puddle to ruin an engine....think about waterfest that one year where like 4-5 modded 1.8ts got hydrolocked...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.