Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my boost guage is only reading 9psi and it doesnt hold either. I have a bailey DV so its not that and i had a forge and it did the same thing. I have a small leak in my front mount that is getting fixed but its not that. Do you think it could be the N75 valve? The maf is not gone either and my 02s are okay. I'm just fishing for ideas here. Next weekend i'm doing the Tbelt and dropping in a set of schrick sticks. I'm going to throw in the N75 J valve tomorrow and see what happens.

any ideas i'm confused :???: it looks like the vacuum lines are okay, i'm getting 20 vacuum on the guage too thanx guys :???:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Why do you think it's not the leaky FMIC? That would be my first place to start right there.
I agree with her , get the intercooler fixed first and if the problem does not go away check all the vaccum hoses.
When the car is producing vaccum it kind of seals itself . cause the hoses contract . when pressure is generated the hoses expand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The FMIC is definitly causing some of this fluxuation in boost. Any leak no matter where is going to cause this sort of problem. You might want to check the lines that are tapping into the FPR, as this is a common site for leaks. Other than that maybe get a pressure test but keep in mind that most tests will only go up to 10lbs. Lots of leaks will only show at 1 bar but this may tell you something. -Patrick Ashby-

·
Registered
854 Posts
PashbyAPR said:
The FMIC is definitly causing some of this fluxuation in boost. Any leak no matter where is going to cause this sort of problem. You might want to check the lines that are tapping into the FPR, as this is a common site for leaks. Other than that maybe get a pressure test but keep in mind that most tests will only go up to 10lbs. Lots of leaks will only show at 1 bar but this may tell you something. -Patrick Ashby-
WHere can you get the FMIC pressure tested... what kind of shop would do this work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe most dealerships if not all will pressure test your Passat. This is not specific to the FMIC, this is used to test all compressor lines linked to the turbo. I know that several authorized APR dealers will do this test for a small service charge if you have any trouble locating a VW dealer that will do this. Thanks -Patrick Ashby-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
PashbyAPR
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing