Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what could this be... when driving my car under normal conditions, boost feels fine. (i don't have a boost gauge yet). When in boost and i step on the gas further (not when shifting, while IN BOOST)... turbo seems to bog. Just added new Denso Iridium's and same result. Could this be a DV problem or N75 or whatever? How do i check for vaccum or boost leaks?? I know it is posted, but i can't seem to find it again. any diagrams of the hoses i need to check, or should i just replace them all?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Seems it could be any of those things. You can inspect the vacuum lines and intake plumbing for leaks and may find something, but go ahead and get the boost gauge in any case (even if just the cheap one for $11.99 from JCWhitney). In going thru some turbo problems recently, I found that was key to sorting out basic things such as confirming no vacuum leaks and seeing what was really happening with the boost over the rpm range.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
my best advise is install a good boost guage...you CANNOT have a turbo with software without a boost guage. It is vital...

Are you chipped, what yr? AEB, AWM its important so we know if you have a map sensor. Is your N75 oem? Have you replaced your Diverter valve, vac lines, or it might just be turbo lag...need more info.

·
Registered
694 Posts
evilvariant said:
Are you chipped, what yr? AEB, AWM its important so we know if you have a map sensor...
Check his profile - it's a '98, so it's AEB (and no mention of chip, but amazingly he apparently shits cars). With the AEB lacking the boost sensor, it emphasizes the need for a boost gauge even more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate it guys. i learn more off of this forum than from the dealer i get my parts. I guess it does make sense to install the boost gauge. I HAVE NOT REPLACED MY n75 VALVE OR MY DIVERTER VALVE (SHOULD I JUST USE THE n75 OR THE "j" AND THE tt dv valve?? WHATTA YA THINK?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Particularly in light of cautions described in the following link, I'd avoid changing to a non-stock N75 valve at this point, at least until you have the basic problem sorted:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175760

As far as the DV, contrary to the above, there wouldn't be a concern with changing to the tt version (the 710N) at this point if you were inclined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts