Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do most of you mount ur boost guages. i dont really like it mounted on the pillar much. any other places u guys have for ideas??
thanx in advance
bobby

·
Registered
206 Posts
your other options are column mount, buying a pod and gluying it to the dash, or in a din panel near the radio, or sticking it in a vent

the a pillar is a good spot since you can actually see it while driving.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have my 2 gauges (Boost and A/F) on the column. Much easier to see when you need to see them. Full boost is not a good time to be taking your eyes off the road. However, there are several options out there, including one I saw where a guy made a custom one that was integrated right into his normal gauge panel that was sweet!

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have an airbag in the a-pilar I would NOT but it there. It will become a missile in the event of a crash with airbag deployment.

I put mine in the drivers left vent, slightly angled at me. It is easy to see with out taking your eyes off the road for more than a glance
well i dont have and air bag in my pilar so im alset there

how did u mount the guage in the vent that looks cool

·
Registered
292 Posts
I pulled the vent out, removed all the duct work and drilled out hole in the bottom to run the line to the engine and drilled out the sides to mount the bracket for the gauge. I tapped into the electrical where the lighting for the vent is and wired the gauge. I then ran the tubing out through the fire wall to the engine bay and hooked it up. You have to remove the kick panel to run the tubing, but I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I mounted mine on my a pillar, and tapped into the fader switch for the dash lights for lighting. Im using an Autometer competition boost gauge. But whatever you do....DO NOT DROP IT. *long story*

·
Registered
206 Posts
i wouldnt put them on the column myself as I have an MFD on my 2000. I want to put them on my a pillar and currently thinking about just getting a pod apolstered myself.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This is what I was talking about. Spanky, is this what you have?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts