Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Get the VDO. Just buy it from NewSouthPerformance. They include a no buzz T-fitting. It is just a modified T-fitting but the port that goes to the gauge is restricted. I prefer the VDO as it is more plain jane.. matches stock interior well.

I will send you a pic of my install if you would like. And great to add.. not one chirp or buzz from it! I know how annoying it is too since I was running a VDO without the NoBuzz fitting for a few days.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have the VDO gauge and it gets really anoying when that rattle pops in and out, althought that T-fitting does take most of it away.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
gnosis said:
VDO "Vision"? Please send me pic of yours too, thanks
I don't know what you are talking asking for, but here is a pic of mine

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
the real :thumbup: about the autometer boost/vac is its electrical. makes it easier to run. one hint tho, before u fully install it, makesure it works. the first one summit sent me was defective, but they took care of the problem, keeping me s a very happy customer.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On NewSouthPerformance.com they have different VDO boost gauges, like Vision and Cockpit...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think the difference between the two is the way they are lit. Check Egauges.com. They have many gauges to choose from. I have the Vision VDO and love how it looks. Matches the other gauges really well. The only problems are the rattle and the lighting could be better. I guess if you want better lighting you could shell out $150 or so for the Omori gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts